Monday, November 24, 2008

The Power Of Prayer

So you all know that my husband is having a large part of his colon removed. This is really serious stuff. The diseased part of his colon is so bad that it needs to be removed ASAP. The surgeon wanted to wait for the colon to calm down and not be inflamed. So his surgery is December 8th right before Christmas. I am looking forward to a quiet day at home.

Dean is doing really well through all this. He's more affecionate and communicate's more. I really like this part because we have gotten a lot closer. We hold hands more and I get more hugs.

My mom's brother and my favorite uncle. He told me once at a wedding this time in our marriage is the hardest. With the girls being so small and all the ups and downs. I have to truely say out of all of this Dean's sickness has been a test from God.It's been really hard on me to try to explain why his parents and sisters haven't called or stopped by to see him. It's hard on me not to pick up the phone and yell. The selfishness makes me crazy but biting my lip seems to do the trick.

So Friday night I arranged to have prayer group at my house. I invited our friend Father G. My 3 closet girlfriends and their kids. All 3 of them have kids the same age as Hannah and Gracie. I had a babysitter take the kids to the playroom in our house. The adults ate then we prayed.

I felt God's presence so much that I know he is doing amazing things for Dean. It was a wonderful night and I am so glad we did it. The other amazing part was we all agreed to start Friday night prayer group.I really am very excited about this. Prayer is a major part of my life. I give so much of my thoughts and pain and hurt to God. I know that he takes it and works to make me better. I am really working on forgiveness because I can't let it consume me. I have high standards on family because my family is so large. You have to be there for your family. I just have to get over that some people don't think the way I do. If someone is sick or in a crisis I call them or email them so they know I am here if they need me.

So please pray for Dean and his 3 favorite girls. We can get through this but prayer is a wonderful thing.

Everybody have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

nelly said...

we'll add dean to our prayer list. and his 3 favourite girls ofcourse! i'm glad that this is bringing you closer to each other and closer to God. prayer is such an important part of our relationship with him...i just wish that i would remember that more often!!

happy thanksgiving to you too ;)