Saturday, June 24, 2006

What do I do now?

I put Hannah to bed last night around 9:30. I read my book until 12:15. I turned out the light. I just want to state that Hannah has done really well with the toddler bed. She usually calls me if there is something wrong. She will come in our room around 8:00am and climbs in bed with us. Anyway I was in a deep sleep and I woke up at 2:00 am. Hannah was staring right at me. It scared me to death. I guess her diaper was wet and she was hungry.

So what do I do? Do I put the gate up in her room? Get a moniter so I can hear her if she wakes up. I am really upset about this. I feel like I havn't done enough to protect her. After I changed her diaper and gave her some milk. I put her back in her bed. She wouldn't let me leave. So she ended up sleeping with me and my husband. She loves being close to me and loves to cuddle with her daddy.I really hope this does not happen again. Only because I don't want anything to happen to her.

Any of you mommies out there have any advice? I will take it gladly.

3 comments:

Erin said...

We just have a gate up at Ben's room. He does ocassionally get out of bed during naptime or around 7 a.m. and he'll just play until I get up. Works well... just make sure the room is baby proofed well! :)

Amanda said...

Thanks Erin The gate is going back up

Mrs. Flinger said...

Good question because we're trying this shortly ourselves. I'm glad to know gates are ok. I think that's the way we're going to go, too.