Tuesday, June 27, 2006

YES!!!!!!

My husband and I met at a time when we both never expected it. We have so much in common that it just was amazing how well we got along. There was an immediate connection and and understanding of where this realtionship was going. We took everything slow and talked about every step of our relationship. I could talk to him about everything and he listened like he had all the time in the world.

I met his family and grew fond of everyone. He met my family and all the old ladies wanted to marry him. My nephews thought he was awesome. We quickly became inseperable when times would allow us. We soon new that this was it and began talking about the future. He and I both wanted children and he understood complications that I might have.He assured me that we would cross that bridge when we came to it.

On June 27th Dean took me to the place we had our first date. He professed how much his life had changed since he met me. He told me how much he loved me. He gave me a box when I opened it, it was a proclein trinket box. On the front it had the "Irish Blessing". One of my favorite blessings. When he opened the box there was a beautiful diamond ring.He then asked me to be his wife. I said, "yes". We had only had salads and wine at that point. There was so much excitment that we forgot to order our main meal. We both called our parents. My parents knew and were waiting for the call.

From there was a lot of excitment. We didn't waste any time,we started to make plans right away. We married six months later.Later that year we had Hannah.

He is the love of my life. We have had such a good time in the 3 1\2 years . We have made 2 beautiful children together. We have had a lot of laughs and a few tears. Everyday I thank God for sending him to me.

Dean, you are my best friend. Thank You for loving me when I am hard to be around. Thank You for asking me to be your wife. I love you with all my heart and soul. You are a excellent father with great patience. The girls are blessed to have you.Me too.

Happy "yes" day.

1 comment:

j.sterling said...

AWWWWWWWWW- i fucking HAVE TEARS from reading this.. because it is so sweet.. because i can relate and it's just so damn exciting!!!!! happy YES day to you both!